Labels

Friday, April 12, 2013

Back to Blogging...Again


So much has changed since the last time I blogged.  In May of 2012, I decided to quit my high stress job in search of a different lifestyle.  I wasn’t sure what the plan would be but I knew that I didn’t want to go back to the schedule I had before.  I was always gone and away from my family.  I spent most of my life in hotels and around people I didn’t care for.  This was very difficult for not only my family but also for me.  I struggled every morning when it was time for work. 

 
Our first stop in Moab.


I never felt this way before getting back into running.  I loved my job and enjoyed going to work every day but something changed once I started running again.  I didn’t want to be inside anymore and wanted to spend my time outdoors with my family.  Every spring, while working, I would get spring fever and my motivation for work would decrease even more.  I started sharing my feelings with my family and we all decided at that point that we needed to make a change. 

 


Since May we have been able to travel the country and we are currently on a six month road trip.  We live in our truck camper and even though we only have 60 square feet we are happier than ever.  We have gotten to know each other on a different level than when I had a job and my children are blossoming because of it.  They were always great kids but this trip has taught them to be more responsible and harder working.  Denise has been homeschooling them since May and they have learned more than they ever could have in public school.  Some parents say they couldn’t spend that much time with their kids but we love it and will be sad in August once the trip is over. 

 


In February, we left Pueblo and have seen so much of the country already.  We have seen 15 states and have spent time in the Smoky Mountains, Washington DC, South Carolina, Alabama and Texas with a few other short stops along the way.  We have planned our travel schedule around some of the La Sportiva Cup races.  I have already run two of the races and am excited about the others.  The current plan is to head west in the next few days which we have been looking forward to since we begin heading east.  Being out east has taught us a lot about ourselves and our country.  The Smoky Mountains were great but the rest of it was way too horizontal for our liking.  The kids want to climb rocks and run mountains and I feel the same way.

 


I know in 2012 I committed to get back to blogging and failed but this time I am going to make it a priority.  I plan on writing races reports, La Sportiva product reviews, and updates on our trip.  The next four months are going to be crazy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like you new outlook man. Get busy living. Without question one of the biggest reasons I became a teacher. Time allowed to live life and do the things I love. May you always find the joy in the things that are simple and true.

-Wynn

www.wynndavis.com

Unknown said...

Wynn Davis said...

I like you new outlook man. Get busy living. Without question one of the biggest reasons I became a teacher. Time allowed to live life and do the things I love. May you always find the joy in the things that are simple and true.

-Wynn

www.wynndavis.com

brownie said...

I can't believe your wife hasn't gotten sick of you yet!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you're much better off. I'll pretend that the "people you didn't care for" was everyone but me. Glad you and your family are doing well.